Michael

Michael
We Love You

Knights of Columbus

Knights of Columbus
Grand Knight, 2007-2009

Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park
Live each day...


I’m with you when you greet each day
And while the sun shines bright,
I’m there to share the sunsets too…
I’m with you every night.

I’m with you when the times are good,
To share a laugh or two.
And if tears start to fall…
I’ll still be there for you.

And when that day arrives
That we no longer are apart,
I’ll smile and hold you close to me…
Forever in my heart…

Note from Jenn:

I have posted Father Perry's homily, and all of the memories that I shared at the funeral; however, rather than posting them in reverse order, as I should have, I posted them in the order that they were read. To read them chronologically, read from the bottom, up.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

From Timmy with Love

Michael is a great and successful man. He loves all of us as we love him. No one ever thought this would happen to him at the age he is now, or how he only has days to live. To me it seems like a great privilege to be his nephew, also to share his name and be loved by him.

Through this awful, horrible illness, he has never asked “Why me?” or complained, which goes to show how much of a great man he is.

Michael never wore a suit much, just on special occasions and Mass days and family & friends’ birthdays, which shows how much he loves God and his family.

He wants to go to heaven early, I think to see God and Jesus and all the important people in history (not leaving out Elvis!).

This should never happen to anyone. I don’t like to express myself out loud, which is why I am writing this. It is for Michael especially, for anyone who must have this illness, and for all of his family and friends. Michael is an important man and doesn’t deserve this…thing. If it helps, which it may not, know he is going to heaven.

He does what he can to help anyone and everyone, which makes me sure that he would be trying to help Haiti if he could. After he dies, he will still love and watch over us. He will be in our hearts and minds.

A while ago, Michael took me aside and told me “If you have any questions, or need someone to talk to, talk to me.” I knew then how much he didn’t want to die, and I knew how much he loved all of us. He always had me do the right thing, which leads me to a conclusion. He is the perfect example of a perfect man.

No comments:

Post a Comment